09/02/2018

This afternoon in eight pictures

I've been pretty much hibernating at home all week. It's been really cold, and apart from a couple of freezing cold runs, I've hardly spent any time outdoors. So today I thought I had to rectify that and went into town to see the Wim Wenders polaroid exhibition before it ends this Sunday.

It was ok, there were about 10 good pictures in there, but it was still nice to get out of the house. This pic is quite apt as I'm trying to figure out where we should go on holiday this summer. It might involve a veeeeeery looooooong flight. Fingers crossed.

But I digress. I really like how these were framed. Makes me want to find some of our Polaroids and put them up on the walls. Although we don't actually have that much wall space left anymore.

Toilet selfie time! My hair has gotten crazy long. Can't figure out if I like this length or if I should cut it short again.

I also went to my trusty newsagents on Wardour Street to see if they had any of my regular mags in stock. All that talk of "Print is dead!" doesn't quite make sense when you're in there.

I then walked to Fabrique dreaming about their cinnamon buns all the way there, but then weirdly ordered a cardamom bun instead, and remembered too late that I don't like them as much. Just as I finished it I thought "Wait, it's February... Shouldn't they sell semlor here?". Which they did. Oh well, a reason to head in to town soon I guess.

On the way home I walked past this queue of millennials (and someone's mum) waiting to be let into Palace, a hipper than hip store in Soho. In my day you just simply walked into a shop. Modern life is so weird and silly.

And then finally back home, with a new magazine to read and a hot chocolate to warm me up. We're going out for some pizza in a bit. Can't wait. Hope you have a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Polaroids is just amazing! :)
    I love the way you tell stories with your photos, it's art. <3
    What is this camera you use on toilet selfie portrait?
    I'd like to let my camera on every place I go but its heaaaaaavy :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Polaroids ARE magic! I should really get some film and have a play.
      And thank you - I'm so happy to hear you like my picture story telling!
      The camera is a Fuji X100S, a handover from my sister who never used it. It's basically a glorified compact camera, with a bit of depth of field. We're not great friends yet (I don't feel I know it well enough, I see other people's pictures from theirs and they are much better!), but I hope to get there! I use it when I don't want to lug my big camera around, so it's definitely good for that :)

      Delete
  2. Ooooooh travel plans!! - long haul! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Fingers very firmly crossed over here... Awww, miss you! Hope you guys are well! xx

      Delete
  3. I love this post!
    I have totally fallen off the magazine reading wagon. Which ones do you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Astrid!
      I pretty much only read interior mags, and the ones I get are Milk Decoration, IDEAT, Openhouse, the Swedish Elle Decoration (I spend a small fortune on the subscription, but it's worth every penny), Monocle, Lunch Lady and occasionally the UK Elle Decoration (it's not consistently good). When I go to Stockholm and Amsterdam I stock up on their interiors mags like a crazy person :) I gave up on "womens" mags years ago, I find them too inane. Have a great weekend!

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.